Note: as of March 2005, USRowing’s safety committee no longer recognizes oars to be flotation devices: so many of them now have adjustable handles and can thus fill with water. See the USRowing or Row2K sites — links below.
Hotline to report pollution in the Willamette: 503-823-7180
Check out Portland’s efforts to clean up the Willamette: Big Pipe and more.
Some of the many rowing links on the web
- For rowers in the Pacific NW especially: the ROWNW site
- The nonpareil Rachel Quarrell’s Rowing Service
- JL Designs
- Equipment from the Durham Boat Company
- Concept II
- Another site for regatta results: www.racetrak.com.
- Regatta information and online registration: www.regattacentral.com.
In Boston, We Can Row, formerly RowAsOne, helps honor and celebrate cancer survivors and fighters. Here in Portland helping women battle breast cancer, there’s the Row for the Cure, and the amazing Pink Phoenix dragon boat team.